CLASSIC CAR TOURS (Ecosse) LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1.The tour organiser is Classic Car Tours (Ecosse) Limited, company number SC408028.The following terms and conditions form the basis of a contract with you the client once the client has completed the booking form and returned it to us together with the relevant deposit and we have acknowledged acceptance to you in writing or by email.
2. The tour price The price of the tour is per person and is listed on the web site. This price is based on two people sharing a bedroom, or when camping, two people sharing a tent. Single person occupancy is also available. We have the right to increase or decrease the price of tour packages at any time. The current price will be confirmed at the time of booking.
3. Currency surcharges Changes in exchange rates mean that the price of travel arrangements, especially overseas hotels & restaurants may change after you have booked. We reserve the right to charge you for any increase in costs due to exchange rate increases equivalent to more than 5% of the price of the tour. If you pay for the full cost of your holiday at the time of booking you will not be subject to any currency surcharges.
4. Correction of errors We reserve the right to correct errors after the confirmation of bookings and to update/amend details on our website as necessary.
5. Payment A non refundable deposit per person is required together with a completed booking form at time of booking. The balance of the cost of the tour is payable no later than the date stated on the booking form. Payment is acceptable in the form of personal cheque or bank transfer. In the event that we do not receive the balance of the cost of the tour by the due date we have the right to treat your booking as cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited.
6. BREXIT, in the event that there are significant changes in the Pound/Euro exchange rate due to BREXIT,
CCT reserve the right to review prices as necessary.
7. Cancellation by you All cancellations must be in writing and are subject to the cancellation charges detailed on the booking form.
To protect yourself against losing your cancellation fees you must take out insurance to cover yourself against the possibility of suddenly having to cancel or withdraw from the event after the refund dates.
8. Cancellation by us In the event that we are forced to cancel the tour for whatever reason we will refund all monies to the client including deposits.
9. Passports A current, valid passport is required by all members in the client's party. We are not aware of any specific visa requirements for EEU citizens but it is the client’s responsibility to check this with the relevant embassy.
10. Health Insurance All clients should be in possession of a European health insurance card. Clients are advised to check with the relevant embassy.
11. Minimum number of cars / persons required for a Tour to proceed For the Tour to take place we require a minimum of 10 cars, 20 people. However we reserve the right to proceed with the tour with fewer cars. In the event that we do not reach this number we will notify the client of the cancellation of the Tour within 4 weeks of departure at the latest.
12. Itineraries A provisional itinerary is available on our website. A final itinerary will be issued 4 weeks before departure.
13. Liability for loss or damage to participant’s cars and property We are not responsible for damage to participant’s cars or property including when parked in hotel / chateau grounds. Participants must also drive sensibly and within the law of the country and under no circumstances can we be held responsible for any damage to cars or property sustained during any tour.
14. Travel Insurance Clients must have valid and relevant travel insurance covering the cost of cancellation by them, the cost of assistance, including motor vehicle breakdown and recovery, emergency repatriation in the event of the client’s illness or any member of their party .If you do not take out breakdown recovery insurance you are responsible for the repatriation of your vehicle and passengers and thus agree to indemnify us against any costs that might arise.
15. Our liability We will provide the services we contract with you to a satisfactory standard. We cannot accept liability under any circumstances if you suffer injury or death whilst travelling in a motor vehicle whether or not through your own fault or neglect.
We do not accept liability where there has been no fault on behalf of ourselves, our staff or associated companies and where the events complained of are due to circumstances which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen if all due care had been exercised.
16. Compliance with motor regulations for travel abroad and in the UK. You must comply with motoring regulations for travel abroad and in the UK and carry the relevant equipment. Information is available from your insurers, the AA and the RAC.
It is compulsory to have a full current driving licence, car registration document, motor insurance certificate and current MOT certificate.
17. Sign On Drivers and passengers will be required to sign a declaration form when signing onto any tour, indemnifying the organisers for any liability which occurs during the period of the tour. They will also be required to produce a valid driving licence; minimum third party motor insurance certificate, MOT certificate and breakdown cover documentation.
18. Supplementary regulations Tours may be subject to supplementary regulations. Where supplementary regulations are necessary, these will be issued to participants at sign on.
19. Changes to contract In the event that we as organisers wish to alter significantly an essential term of the contract we agree to notify the client as quickly as possible. The client will then be given the choice to withdraw from the contract without penalty.
© Classic Car Tours 2011